Subject: [Harp-L] gear

Mac writes (snipped):

"its enough for some cats to   mention to me after a gig, wow  great sound
from your thingy,ermm that wee  blowing  thing, ehh the  mouthie,you know what i
mean, but they are listening! at the  end of the  day"

...Hmm - so this is why I've had the most difficult time adapting to  calling
them "harps"?  I grew up in Scotland like you (Glasgow) and was the  only
person I knew who played harmonica.  Everyone made fun of me,  but I got to hide
behind it (being extremely shy) and make music so I persevered  for a while.
Never had a teacher or anyone to emulate; knew nothing about  the Blues, could
only play the songs that were popular at the  time.   Gave it up later for
piano and then keyboard.  To now  hear young Scots lads such as yourself blowing
Chicago Blues sounds (the  greatest compliment I can pay you is that no one
can  tell you're anything but American on your Demo cuts) to the exclusion  of
all else does my heart good. Perhaps if I someone had  taken the time to
expose a wee Scots lassie to this music when I so needed  to hear it, I wouldn't
now be having to work quite so hard! <G>  So  let me get back to my wee "mouth
organ thingie" practice and hope I  can sound even a fraction as good as you do
on "Honest I Do"  some day.

Elizabeth