From: "Jim Greenwald" <staggerin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Steve Shaw" <moorcot@xxxxxxx>,<harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] MV1 - Harmonica Finger Mic by Microvox
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 15:49:48 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Shaw" <moorcot@xxxxxxx>
I just found this: http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F007%5F008%5F003%5F001&product%5Fid=33%2D3013 If I were over there I'd try this. That price is less than fifteen quid, which to a Brit is a solid gold bargain/risk worth taking. And even if you don't come to love it much you'll always have a tiny emergency backup mic that weighs next to nothing.

Steve's got a good eye (and ear). This is a great mic for recording - just clip it on your shirt and after a little whilte, you've forgotten it's there. I've always had a difficult time recording where my attention is divided between playing and keeping a "relationship" with the mic staring at me <g>.
The fidelity on this thing is amazing, especially at this price.
One thing to remember with "lapel" or "tie-clip" mics is they have an exaggerated high frequency response - so at close range (or cupped) you need a true hi-freq roll-off or shelf on your gear, not just a 'Treble' knob.

Cheers,
Staggerin' Jim
Listen to Roots Harmonica at http://www.live365.com/stations/staggerinjim