RE: [Harp-L] Gear

Once again Chris posts something I agree with totally. I've gone through a lot of gear, both for harp and for guitar, and the only things that really matter are you r chops and to a certain extent your axe. I've been forced to use house amps on occasion, or even had to borrow gear from another band on the stand that night. It's usually a bit of a challenge, since I don't know the idiosyncrasies of the amp, but at worst, it takes me out of the box. One night I borrowed an amp for my set, and ended up playing the whole night (guitar) with a super clean sound. it was great! That same night i played harp through the vocal mic since there wasn't an amp for harp.

Having said that, it is nice to have an amp you know and like and that has a basic sound you like, and it really is nice to have good, fresh tubes in the sucker.

"It ain't the meat, it's the motion",

maurice

maurice richard libby
aka Whiteboy Slim