Re: [Harp-L] Carlos del Junco

Michael,
If you're looking for something in the more traditional blues vein, do yourself a favor and buy the "Just Your Fool" CD . It was recorded live back in '95 about the time CdJ began to branch out musically. The title track is worth the price of admission. In fact, you get to hear it twice, each version being done at a slightly different tempo. In addition, there's other blues standards like "Key to the Highway", "Rocket 88", "Walkin' Blues" and "Forty-Four". The band had a killer lineup and after listening to this one the first few times, Geoff Arsenault became one of my favorite drummers.

Michael Fugazzi wrote:

I picked up Blues Mongrel yesterday.  This is my first
del Junco CD, and I really like it after a couple
listens.  His playing is technically amazing IMO.  I
was suprised to hear that he used a Harp Commander for
a couple of tracks.  I thought those tunes sounded
great in terms of amp tone and the HC did give him a
different sound.

The only downside would be that although marketed as a
blues CD, it is a little to un-blues (or maybe
contemporary) for me........