Mixing overblows and one valved bend Was: [Harp-L] Valved players unite!

Hi all

Talking about overblows and valved bend, I'd like to point out they can
(somehow) live together.
I mostly play overblows (on the 4, 5 and 6) to reach the missing notes. But
the overblow being really difficult to obtain on the first hole, especially
on low keys, I valve the 2 blow and use a blow bend to obtain the minor
third in 1rst position (Eb on a C harp). This mix of technique works well
for me (with my lack of musicianship though)

See http://www.planetharmonica.com/ph5/VE/PlayingChromaticallyUK.htm:
	-Standard Richter harps category for some sound samples of the blues scale
in first position with overblows and one blow bend (note that I generally
pass very quickly the F# on the low side).
	-The CX-10 page for the the blues scale using the slide and using blow
bends.

As usual, any feedback would be much appreciated
Cheers

   Laurent

PS: next to come in the article, the review of Tony Ramos' harps and of
Winslow's Discrete Comb