Re: [Harp-L] Re: Live War

I'm curious as to the production values on the War Live CD. The only War I have on CD is a best of and it's pretty awful. Those of us old enough to remember the transition from vinyl records to the CD format will remember those first few favourite artists we acquired in the new format. Really dreadful mastering, all pre dithering. I remember rebuying a bunch of stuff I bought early becasue it was just unlistenable. I see the War reissue is out on Rhino which is hopeful but Rhino is now a divison of Warner so there's no guarantee of the former high quality. I'm also leery because of my recent experience of getting ahold of the Butterfield Blues Band live album after a zillion years of not having it and being utterly disappointed in the production values and the overall content. Yeah I still like the live version of Driftin' and Driftin' but the one on the Resurrection of Pigboy Crabshaw is just as inspired and comes with less baggage. fjm