[Harp-L] Bushman or Vintage 1923

I posted in another thread on the Vintage 1923 that I had purchased a few of them  as well as a couple
Bushman Delta Frost.

I said that I preferred the 1923  and was hoping that the Bushmans might "break in". They Did
Much improved. I like them very much ; moreso than the Special 20's and the Lee Oscars.
The Bushman  also has one important and distinct advantage over the Vintage 1923 and that is :

The Vintage 1923 plates stick out in front beyond the covers . After  15 minutes of playing the 1923
my lips are sore from contact with the plates.  Though I like the tone and playability, this is a nuisance.
And unless I can find away around this, or remove the covers and smooth them out somehow, they will
remain in their cases. Too bad, great tone and playability.

With the improved "break in" tone of the Bushmans  combined with the rounded plastic of the comb ,and not the plates in contact with your mouth,  the Bushmans get my vote and I'll order a Low F and an Eb next.

Contact with the edges may not be an issue with other players and if not, the Vintage 1923 is an excellent harp.

If anyone has any suggestions or comments about the 1923 plate contact and a way around this I would like to hear it.. a shame to put way 6 otherwise fine harmonicas.

jeff