Re: Fwd: [Harp-L] Extended Solos

Extend solos can be really great, or really boring.  For most music fans, they are probably not that exciting.  For musicians in the audience they can be magical.

I guess my answer is, no.  I'd rather hear an extended jam from the whole band.  Lots of dynamics, too!  Having just one guy go it alone can get old and if done all the time, repetitive.  Give me a whole band that can jam for 20min. and I am in heaven.  Give me one person and I am good for about 5 or 6 minutes.

I know he's popular, but I think JR and the New Blood do a great job of this.  He'll go off for minutes at a time, but there is almost always somebody else in the band groovin' with Jason.  They pull of some awesome jams.

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chris Michalek"
wrote:

Hey Everybody,

What are your thoughts on taking extended solos. I don't mean 3 or
four choruses I talking about 20 choruses or more you know going on
for 20 minutes..

Mike Fugazzi
Harmonica/Vocals
NiteRail