Re: [Harp-L] Metal interactions

Chris Bates wrote:
<If you mean www.harponline.de

Yes, I do. I should've been more precise there.

<Your harps covers are chrome plated, right?

I'm not sure. I recycle a lot, and use very (!!!) old Special 20 covers. Also, those old ones usually are rusty, so I sand that off, and finish that job with fine steelwoll. Bad idea then, I guess?

<Chrome and brass are close on the scale, so your
cigarettes should finish you off way before your harp
does.

I knew it... shouldn't have mentioned that bad habit ;-)

< And the coated aluminium sould be no problem, as
long as you are gentle when working on your harp.

I did scratch on the side of the alu combs, to have a key label on it.

Ludo (new nickname Smokey Lew ;-))

 Yahoo! Messenger  - want a free & easy way to contact your friends online?