[Harp-L] Re: Custom Amps

Paul wrote:
"I am thinking of upgrading to a new amp. <snip> has anybody got experience of amps like the Marble 'Harpwood', the Vintone 'Harper' or indeed any other custom amp out there ?"

I have a Marble Max, not the Harpwood, so I can't comment on the that. But I can tell you my Max is phenomenal. It's not "designed for harp," per se. Basically it's Marble's version of a Champ with some subtle techy changes that I can't explain or even understand. Even though the Max has just got an 8" speaker, it's noticeably louder (not to mention way more full-sounding) than the Pro Junior I had years ago. If the Harpwood's this good, only bigger, I say run don't walk to buy one. Disclaimer: I paid a lot of my hard-earned dough for my Max - I post this only as a satisfied customer. With that said, if AJ at Marble reads this and wants to mail me a Harpwood, I'm cool with that! ;-)
MN