Re: [Harp-L] Asking to Sit In

"Blake Taylor" <taylorb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yeah, for my money / opinion, 11/11/04 is still "THE" JRNB show on-line.
> I've heard them / downloaded them all except the HOB show, and for
> sound, song selection, and "version-quality," it's tops.  I always give
> out this one first to new initiates...though the rest all have gems
> (we're splitting hairs of greatness here, BTW).

personally, i'm partial to the 2/22/05 show.  not exactly sure why.
i was at both of the mexicali shows, and 2/22/05 is a bit short,
cause the venue insisted on holding their blues jam that night afterward.

but they were so *on* that night, every song is just perfect.  i
particularly like the long rap in "snowflakes and horses", ending
with the following from Reverend Jason:

    that's the road the devil paved, if you think something outside
    of yourself is gonna bring you happiness; it's not. you gotta
    look inside.  i'm still workin' it day to day.

indeed.

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

Your love, your anger, your kindness, your hate.
All of it creates the future for you and your children.
What kind of future are you creating today?