[Harp-L] Re: Sniping on Ebay

It all boils down to how much are you willing to pay?   The people complaining about sniping
programs are the ones who think they are going to get something on the cheap by bidding one dollar
more than the current bid.   When I see something on Ebay that I can't live without, I put in a
ridiculously high offer.   Ebay's built-in proxy system assures that I will the item at $1.00 more
than the next highest offer.   It's that simple and it doesn't matter whether you or your
competition are using automated snipe programs or not.   Let's say I see a Kalamazoo amp that I
absolutely must own.   I look at past auctions and see they've recently sold for $200.   So I put
in a bid for $699.   Of course if some other idiot bids $698,  I'll end up owning a very expensive
Kalamazoo.    But 99 times out of 100 I'll win that auction at just around the going rate of $200.