RE: Subject: RE: Subject: [Harp-L] Sniping on Ebay

I'm cool with e-bay now. I blew off a little steam earlier because I lost
the bid on very cool amp, and over the past several months watching items
bid out from under me. I didn't know about snipe software and was startled
to find out it existed. Now I can take steps to defend against it. I think
e-bay should make mentioned of 3rd party bidding software running on their
system.

You set your proxy bid a little higher. No big deal. Someone wants it
more, they get it, either by using evil software robots or by fast
fingers. Highest bid still wins.

I don't live on e-bay. If I need a piece of gear I check them out.
Previously I wasted time trying to bid against snipe programs. I won't do
that now. This weekend I managed to pick up a re-issue bassman at a very
good price on e-bay. I'm happy. No snipe robots interfered.

Just be aware of the software and what it does, and that there could be
potentially more bidders for an item than there is listed in "History".

And yeah, I feel like Chicken Little out here. I try to warn everybody
about a program called "Auction Stealer" and other devious software run
amok on e-bay an no one listens (I have gotten some offline post, though.)
But once you know about them, it's not that big of a deal.