From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Smith, Richard
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2005 9:51 AM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Sniping on Ebay

No disrespect intended, M, but - - -
I think some people have the necessary temperment to use
E-Bay effectively, and some people just don't.  Anyone who
uses it regularly, understands that you never bid early in
the bidding periodl, as this does nothing but inflate the
price unnecessarily.  You make up your mind what the maximum
is that you would pay for the item, then when there is about
1 minute left before the bid expires, you enter your bid.
If someone else wins it, then it is because they were
willing to pay more than you.  I don't use any kind of
sniping program (in fact I've never heard of them until now),
and yet my wife and I are very susccessful at getting what
we want on E-Bay.  Admittedly, if a bid expires in the middle
of a work day, it can be a problem, but mostly it is just all
about the strategy.

Richard J. Smith
Wormleysburg, PA