[Harp-L] E-Bay and sniper programs

I loath e-bay. I see a good deal, with an apparent lack of interest by the
rest of e-bay community; I make my bid, only to be outbid in the last few
seconds of the auction. I get out bid by "sniper programs". Basically any
auction on e-bay can have a multitude of hidden bidders. Their sniper
programs will active in the last few seconds of an auction to place their
bids.

E-bay is a sellers market. Good deals can be had, but let the buyer
beware.

(I'm bidding on a bassman right now -- good price, less than 500 bucks.
Until the snipers begin firing..)