Re: [Harp-L] Ballad harp vs sax

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 12:47:10PM -0400, James Sterett wrote:
> HArlem Nocturne? I've never heard a version of the song on harp, but I
> do recall reading a Rod Piazza interview where he said Rick Estrin was
> doing a killer version of it some time back (could have been on
> chromatic.)

Ironman Mike Curtis did a version of Harlem Nocturn that I seem to
remember him "giving away".  Well, he must have given it away as I do
not tend to "steal" songs!  Check the archives for harlemnocturne.mp3
maybe...?  That is what the file I have is called.

Not being a jazzy guy, I can not say whether is is a good version of the
song or not.  I think this is the only version I have heard.  I do know
that I like it!  My memory is saying that it was some weird position,
like fifth or something.

jaime