Re: [Harp-L] Hohner Orchester

Hi Timm,

> I have and old harmonica that I really like to play, its a  Hohner
> Orchester. (...) It has Vereins Harmonika
> under its name and off to the side it says Moll. It is a C. (...) What is the tuning? It
> plays like Eastern European feel.

It's a Hohner Orchester in the key of C harmonic minor.

> I would like to get a modern harp, Marine Band if
> possible, that will play with this feel.

Just a few months ago Hohner has stopped to produce the MB classic in
harmonic minor tuning. Maybe you can find some remainders in music
stores (though not very likely) or from some online harmonica-shops. For
sure you will find it at www.harponline.de.
Also Seydel makes harmonic minor harps (Seydel Blues and Favorit), good
harps IMO.

Otto