RE: [Harp-L] Question for Fireball Users

The Fireball is designed to be a multi-purpose mic really, just like a
Shure SM-58, but designed specifically to be "better" for harp as the
priority. It's docs say that it is designed to also be an excellent
vocal mic, as it's omni-directional. The docs say:

"The Fireball provides an excellent vocal sound...it handles high sound
pressure levels and explosive sounds at a close distance"

I've used mine once at a gig so far, into a PA system that I had played
through several times at the same club through Shure SM-58's, and it was
always a battle with the feedback. With the Fireball, there was none,
although I didn't have it up as loud as I should have and it was only
the one time.

By the way, I want to thank the rep at Audix for all of his help with my
many pre-purchase questions and finally coming up with one of the rare
gold-grille fireballs (they only made a few, the others were already
spoken for). It not only sounds great, but it looks cool (the black
grille one over the red ball looks great too - but what does that
matter, buried in your hand and behind your harp as it is, haha).

Bill Hines
Hershey, PA