[Harp-L] personal monitors

In a message dated 5/4/2005 8:20:59 AM Eastern Standard Time,
harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Before  trying personal monitors you might try simple ear plugs; orchestra
musicians use them all the time.  Your own playing becuase it is  close
will sound the loudest and the other sounds become clearer as the  mids are
removed.

Get the kind of ear plugs worn by orchestral  musicians as they are made
for this purpose.

Interesting.  Where is a good place to buy these earplugs?  I'd  like to have
another look at them online.
  For volume reasons, I've infrequently tried the cheapo sponge  earplugs
with mixed results - they sometimes gave me problems hearing myself in  the mix.