Re: [Harp-L] Music is not a competition?

On May 3, 2005, at 10:29 PM, Buzz Krantz wrote:

I still think I'd rather have Howary Levy as my teacher. Than to be in
compition with him. Two weeks ago at Buckeye I got to play with Madcat. That
was much better than any trophy. I guess you could take your harmonica to
one of those compitions and enter.

And now it's time for 'Precious Moments #2'
It's Buckeye 2005, 2345 hrs, Friday night. Peter Ruth goes to the trouble of seeking me out so he can show me a tune he is working on called "Buddy Can You Spare a Dime". I am pleasantly surprised that someone of his stature would DO this, and am therefore deeply touched. I will jealously treasure this till I wind up face up on the slab. Yeah, he was the 'Mad-Cat'....you know him....the Cat in the Hat.

smokey-joe