RE: [Harp-L] C in 12 poitions

Hi Dave

> Don't we traditionally go the other way round the circle?
> And aren't the tonics below reversed?

>>It is a circle of 5ths (CW) but going CCW around it is 4ths. If you are
>>thinking, "I've got this C harp in my hand, how do I play in D?", you go
>>CW from C to D, and count positions. If you are thinking, "I've got this F
>>harp in my hand, how can I play in C?", you can go CCW from C, and count
>>positions. Since the question was, what harp/positions to play in C, the
>>CCW orientation does make sense. 2nd position on an F harp, etc.
Yes I absolutely agree it makes sense. My point was more that it's not the
conventional way of naming the positions, which would probably lead to a
misunderstanding when talking with other players.

Plus, it seems to me that the tonic give by Mox are reversed (for example F
is not on the 2 DRAW).

All the best!

   Laurent