From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Rob Paparozzi
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 10:41 PM
To: Aalprice@xxxxxxx; harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] magic dick.

Magic Dick & Lee Oskar must be commended for really bringing Harmonica
to the forefront during the Rock-Pop music scene of the 70' & 80's. They
used the instrument brilliantly whether  you care for the music, the
songs. or not. If you were playing Diatonic during this period, you HAD
to be affected by what they were doing.

    Their musicianship was impeccable and in perfect context with the
records they made. Both Players were SO good they commanded an integral
'chair' in each Band utilizing Harmonica as a LEAD and ENSEMBLE
instrument played with skillfull dynamics. I learned volumes about our
instrument and MUSIC via these two pioneers and I thank them.

Harpfully,
Rob Paparozzi