[Harp-L] on Mark Ford and harmonica sampler/compilations

I mentioned earier today about info on Mark at Blue Rock'It Records,
but I also wanted to mention (because a few days ago (or a short while
ago, anyways) someone was asking about good harmonica compilations)...

"Got Harp If You Want It" a Blue Rock'It release from some years ago,
is a great sampler of cool West Coast blues harp..

Here's a tune/artist list:

1. That's That - Rick Estrin
2. Don't Boss Me - Rick Estrin
3. Bombshell Baby - Mark Hummel
4. Sundown Blues - Charlie Musselwhite
5. Keep On Rubbin' - Charlie Musselwhite
6. Mojo Man - Dave Wellhousen
7. Steady - Paul Durkett
8. Give Me Back That Wig - William Clarke
9. Highway 51 - Charlie Musselwhite
10. Summertime - Mark Ford
11. Temperature - Ralph Shine
12. Getting Back On The Tracks - Ralph Shine

and although I think there are better examples of Mark's playing--it's
still a great compilation. That said, I'd recommend "Mark Ford & The
Robben Ford Band" as a great intro to _Mark's_ playing, and I think
Mark Ford is one of the most exciting players alive today--his sound
and technique is so freakin' _electric_ :-)

Disclaimer: no affiliation, your mileage may vary, do not handle heavy
machinery while under the influence, etc...

Ron                          mailto:rdg@xxxxxxxxxxx

"Taking care of business is _cool_ where we live."
Bono

"We didn't speak to each other. That's how everything falls apart, isn't it."
Haircut 100 singer, Nick Hayward, commenting on his band's breakup.