[Harp-L] Sixth Position on #5 Tuning

Smojoe(ghost of);
                              Thanx for your reply. I know this tuning
has been around a while; I first heard McCoy use it I think. I have
played round with it a fair bit over the last 25-30 year. I'm hip to how
to use it, but it doesn't suit my taste or purposes.
                              I do a lot of tongue splits, and in 2nd
position I like the b7th to be there without a bend. I can't see much
point in having  an open F# in first position; if I want it that badly
I'd rather overblow. Playing through ragtime changes in C on C (A,D,G
etc.) I could use the F#, but I still prefer to have the open dominant
7th.
                               Frankly, I'd rather stick to Richter
tuning on diatonic, having to overbend and suffer the shortcomings of
what I believe to be, overall, the most useful diatonic tuning (again, I
stress, for my own purposes and playing style)
                               I did especially like the sound of the
raised 5 draw reed for playing in B minor (on C) however, and found it
very easy to adapt to. Just thought I'd share it.
                               Sounds like you've been playing a long
time; what's your story (offlist if you'd prefer)
Cheers,
Rick Dempster