Re: [Harp-L] Change in Yahoo archive

G, I'm familiar with the ads that have a "Continue to message" link, and never have had trouble with this.  The ads that are standing alone when I click to read an email are the smaller ads found on the right in postings.  The email text, usually to the left of the ad, will be missing.  Recently I revisited some of the postings that had been empty, and the text was there!  Then I found new emails in which the text was missing (just an ad to the right), but if I clicked unwrap, the text would appear.  I still don't know what is up with it, but I have figured out how to read it online if the text appears to be missing...

But enough about the new interface.  I have figured out how to continue to read on the web (I also tried using the Harp-L Archive site) and can continue my reading and very rare posting.

It IS awkward having to scoll to the bottom to read chronologically.  But the content is always interesting, and I have picked up a lot of information here, on harptalk, on harpon, on Slidemeister, on Mike Will's diatonic site, and on your Chromatic site.  Another resource is Bluesharp.org.

I started out with Tony Glover's book in the 70's, and self taught beyond that, listening to a lot of music, harp and otherwise.  The above internet pages are a great learning resource, and when I'm asked for lessons during a gig (lessons I don't give, lacking time and lacking an organized teaching approach) I refer the people to the above resouces and offer to give free suggestions during breatks at gigs if they get stuck on something.

<G wrote>
Hi Doug,
When you hit an email in Yahoo archives that is nothing but an
advertisement, look for: "Yahoo! Groups is an advertising supported
service. Continue to message." usually found just above the ad. Click on
the "Continue to message." to read the actual email.

I don't like the new interface, its almost as bad as what Google have done
to the newsgroup front end. :(
Free email services are a dying breed.
-- G.