RE: [Harp-L] SPAH Gold Medal Custom Harmonica Competition

The best custom diatonic harmonica is built by Joe Filisko.

The best custom chromatic harmonica is built by Doug Tate and Bobbie
G.

There is no contest in this matter.  I have tried most custom harps
and the difference between the Filisko guild and everybody else is
phenomenal.

This is not to say that harps built by folks not associated with
Filisko are not suitable.  Many of them are very good but not near as
good as what Filisko does. I have yet to come across another
customizer that they dares says he does a better job than Filisko.
If they can't say so why should a bloke like meself bother other than
to be nice and spend money on something I would never use?

Then again, the way I play is more technical than most so I need a
properly set up harp. I've been trying to touch out my gig with
regualr golden melodies and I've found I can't play half the stuff
with them that I can with one of the Filiskos.

Just my two cents.