Re: Re: [Harp-L] Golden Melodies

Pierre wrote:
> Could it be the reed aloy? If not, then its the comb or the
> closeness of the reed, but to me the reeds feel much more supple.

Reed alloy is identical between handmade models of the same vintage.

> I trust your right on this, cannot imagine Hohner arcing reeds in
> production, funny though I was sure they were arced. Will look
> again one of these days.

Well, I didn't mean the reeds weren't arced, just that they weren't
done intentionally that way at the factory.  Some reeds might be
arced up, some might be arced down, others might be flat.  I don't
think they take any actions at the factory to influence the arc of
the reeds they install.

-tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps