Re: [Harp-L] Buckeye Shakedown

Hmmm... Sounds like our airport here in Austin, Tx., but not quite as
bad.  Long before 911, I was regularly asked to open every harmonica
box and play them to demonstrate that they really were harmonicas.
Given our reputation for live music, you would not think that they
would be that unable to identify the instrument.  (They told me that
harmonicas look like gun clips when they are x-rayed.)  Our only
saving grace last year for SPAH was one of our very frequent travelers
pre-warned airport security when he went through that we were all
going to the harmonica convention and they were about to see a whole
lot of harmonicas pass through security.  To my surprise, they
actually listened to him.  Security still seriously rearranged my bag,
but passed me through so quickly I had a long wait at the gate before
the plane arrived.  (I didn't know what to do with myself!)  Of course
that may all be different this year and I may get to enjoy the wait in
the "offenders corner" as you did.  We'll see.

Cara Cooke
Austin, Tx.
www.cyberharp.isonfire.com