Re: [Harp-L] Change in Yahoo archive

Doug Schroer wrote:
> I have been a "friend of Harp-L"  for quite a while, preferring to read
the Yahoo archive and occasionally post.  I like this group a lot.  With
the change in the Yahoo Groups, about 20% of the messages I click on are
empty, except for ads.  Harp talk is the same...  What is up with this, are
they trying to fix it , or should I switch to receive the list in email?  I
have always liked being able to read the list on line...

> Doug

Hi Doug,
  When you hit an email in Yahoo archives that is nothing but an
advertisement, look for: "Yahoo! Groups is an advertising supported
service. Continue to message." usually found just above the ad.   Click on
the "Continue to message." to read the actual email.

I don't like the new interface, its almost as bad as what Google have done
to the newsgroup front end.  :(
Free email services are a dying breed.
-- G.