Re: [Harp-L] More On Reed Problems (now harp techs)

On Mar 28, 2005, at 6:48 PM, michael harp wrote:
Tim is correct. There are no secrets. We learn this craft through patience
and perseverance, and at times, from fellow technicians.

Soooo, you're a bunch of 'snitchers' eh?

  There is no big
payday either.

Amen amen, I say unto you.

Any one of us would be glad to make more then minimum wage
when a repair or custom harp is completed. The benefits can only be added
up through small rewards throughout the years.

I think I figured it out that if a harp tech was very VERY fast, it worked out to $4.77.15 per hour. AND, that hour was 69 minutes long. Realistically, about $3-3.25 is all you can figure on. Take it from me, it's way way more cost effective to have a harp tech do your work for you, unless, of course, you like that sort of thing (beating your face against a piece of expanded metal grating, that is).. :)

Any chance we can make 2005 the "Year of the Harp Tech." :-)

mike