[Harp-L] Feed Back elimination

Hey everyone

Here is a private e-mail gone public! I thought some one else might like
this so I decided to post it here. Rock and Roll
Jason Ricci www.jasonricci.com

First of thanks for writing and great to hear from you guys! Hope all is
well. Not all gear is right for everyone but I feel ok talking on the
subject of feedback elimination.
   Here?s the operator part of the equasion (from my experience)

  First: Turn all your tone knobs to 0.

  Second: Crank the amp till it feedbacks?.than back off just a little.

  Third: The tone will already start sounding good with no treble, presence,
bass etc?believe it or not sheer volume has a way of producing these tones?

  Forth: begin to add a LITTLE at a time the tone controls: treble,
presence, bass etc?to your liking then stop.

  Fifth: The AMP may feed back a little again back off the tone control that
seems to be causing it, example: Low hum= Bass, High= treb.

  STUFF
1.) Lo-z mics feed back less than bullets and go louder?It?s true (this may
be the part that?s not for you lots of great players still use bullets.
2.) I use also a boss oc-2 pedal which adds a sort of compressed sound and
seems to help a hair in feed back elimination.
3.) I also use a box made by a company called Kinder called?.ready?Dun, dun,
dah ?.THE KINDER ANTI-FEEDBACK BOX! It works, you may or may not like it?s
side effects. It?s also really expensive
4.) Now you can tell the guitar player to TURN UP.

Love always Jason Hope this helps also see my gear page:
http://www.jasonricci.com/gear.html