[Harp-L] Re: Amp question

Mark Wilson wrote:
"... We tested the amps with a Hohner Bluesblaster, an Astatic T3, and a Green Bullet. The Pro Jr. is a very good harp amp but really did not compare to the other 3. We even tried a couple of tube changes to try to improve the tone with no luck."

IMHO the Pro Junior is an outstanding harp amp for the money. Over the years I've tried all kinds of mics with my old PJ and have used a number of different tube setups. The best tone I ever got out of the amp, though, came from keeping in the stock 12AX7 tubes, using an SM-57 (with a lo-to-hi impedance transformer, of course), and turning the tone knob all the way down. Really ballsy tone and tons of volume for a little amp. I'd never hesitate to gig with this setup.
MN