Re: [Harp-L] Green Bullet

Hi Derek,

Sounds like you've got a low-z element. Seee my previous post on magnetics. What are the odds?

Tim
www.HarpMicGaskets.com

At 03:04 AM 3/25/2005, you wrote:
Hi

I have a green bullet I bought second hand and have been using it at the local jams with a Blues Junior. Never have enough volume unless I mic up the amp.

Last week I am out of town on business and go and listen to their weekly jam and talk to the harp players there. One suggests the green bullet might be wired for low impedance. So opened the case up and find there is no impedance transformer as shown on the shure spec sheet and the element appears to be the standard controlled magnetic. (So either the earlier models have a hi-z magnetic element, if there is such a thing, or I have a mic that has been modified by one of it's previous owners!)

Put the mic through an old Amperite impedance matching transformer and voila lots of volume, ok so far but I notice the nice low end I had is now missing. So the question is do I get a replacement transforme from Shure and fit it into the shell or would I be better off with a nice CR or Ceramic cartridge instead.

All advice greatly appreciated.

Derek
Australia