[Harp-L] more on descending pentatonic scales

I asked some questions about harmonizing descending pentatonic scales.

Then Rick asked:
"Where and when would be able to use something like this?"

I got the idea froman interview with Jimmy Herring called "Rethinking the
Pentatonic Scale" in Guitar Player magazine. There's a link below.

http://www.guitarplayer.com/story.asp?sectioncode=7&storycode=3852

I tried a few riffs last night but I got frustrated. To get the major pentatonic
scale on the low end of the harp you need to double bend the 3 draw. This is
fine for lead work, but when you're going for harmony, if your intonation isn't
immediately right on, it sounds awful. I'll probably buy a couple of Lee Oskar
Melody Makers.

My band has a song where I play a riff in unison with the guitarist. When I read
the Allman Brothers often played riffs in harmony I thought it would be worth a
try to alternate riffs doing it sometimes in harmony, sometimes in unison.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm