[Harp-L] gear alert

I've written a lot to this list about gear lately.  I do occasionally
think about other matters, but a good deal just came to my attention, so
here goes.

Yamaha is apparently about to introduce a new version of their UD-99
Magicstomp footpedal, a very nice programmable floor-mounted device that
includes a lot of great reverbs and delays, plus amp modeling, flanging,
chorus, phasing, etc.  American Musical Supply is blowing out their
remaining UD-99s at $129.95 with a $40 rebate (for a total after rebate
of $89.95).  Considering that this device sold for $200 a year ago and
$149 six months ago -- and was generally considered a very good deal at
those prices -- this is a good buy.  The box has a stereo output, so is
good for recording as well as performance, and I doubt that a better
multi-effects device is available anywhere at anything near the price.
If you need a reverb or delay, it's worth considering.

Thanks and regards, Richard Hunter
hutnerharp.com