[Harp-L] WV Bob

Two things: #1 With a handle like "Kidd Conley", that name SCREAMS
..harp player..
#2 You gave away Bob's secret. All the while he has been telling me he
is an average/OK player
and you blew the cloak off of his dagger. I knew I was suspicious for
some reason. :)

the ghost of smokey joe (whose all cut and NO mustard) :)

SJ,

    He must be just modest.  I want to learn Blues Harp.  This guy picks up a harp, plays awesome blues for me... then plays 4 or 5 different types of music.  His versatility is just amazing.  Not only that, but he's an excellent teacher.  A lot of people can do things well... Bob does it well, and can teach it too.  The day before yesterday I could play Oh Suzanna.  Today I worked on the Mixolydian scale and the blues scale on the lower register and the upper register.  Bob taught me to bend online.  He just has this ability to relate things to me like no book can.  He's definitely holding out on you.  I haven't seen a lot of Harp players "live."  But I can listen to John Popper, Kim Wilson, Sonny Boy Williamson (#2) and a lot of great harp players.  Bob is a GREAT harp player.

By the way, is the "Ghost of Smokey Joe" a reference to the novel, "M*A*S*H" by Richard Hooker?  Is it that some inside Harp Thing that I have yet to discover?  Just curious.
Take Care!

Kidd Conley