[Harp-L] (no subject)

As for Tony Glover...

Rainbow Jimmy wrote:
>I had no idea what blues was. I got Tony's book.
<...>
>My life was changed forever.

In the mid 70's, when someone loaned me a harp, I right away bought my own, a key of D Bluesharp I still have with its case that has Gatemouth Brown's autograph on it.  Around the same time, I bought the only harp book I could find at the time, Glover's "Blues Harp", and was sure happy I did.  Some years later, when I joined Harp-L, I learned of and bought next Richard Hunter's Jazz Harp, which Richard may recall signing for me at SPAH in 1997.  Right after signing, Douglas and I introduced him to our baby, the Renny, still in prototype [2nd version.]

Somewhere in time between those two events, Jon Gindick mailed me a copy of his latest book release, Harmonica Americana, out of the blue, for now reason at all than to note my contributions on Harp-L, but mainly, to my mind, to just be a friend and nice guy.  He hasn't changed a jot.  :)

Since having Harp-L, SPAH, Buckeye, and various other inlets and outlets, I haven't bought many other books.  But these three are certainly among my most prized still.

Now, if Jimmy writes a book.......  ;)

Have music,
=[BOBBIE]=

Sent via the WebMail system at mail.istal.com