RE: [Harp-L] What makes Gindick a great teacher

Hmm, okay, but in Glover's book he suggests soaking your harp in vodka... haha - makes it taste good.
I don't think Gindick suggested that. Just an interesting thing to ponder for me, that is. Also, as for what instructional materials are available today, I think I would recommend any Gindick book, and never, seriously, show the Glover book to a harp student.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Richard Hunter
	Sent: Sun 3/20/2005 10:40 AM
	To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
	Subject: Re: [Harp-L] What makes Gindick a great teacher

	The Iceman wrote:
	"There was only Jon and Sonny Glover, and let me tell you, Sonny's book
	was none too good."

	Tony Glover's book "Blues Harp" was a big help to me during my first
	six-12 months with the harmonica.  I learned a lot from it, starting
	from the minute I picked it up.

	When I wrote "Jazz Harp," the reason I took it to Oak Publications first
	was that I wanted to be part of Glover's publishing house.

	So I can't agree that it was none too good.

	Thanks, Richard Hunter
	hunterharp.com