[Harp-L] Augusta Blues Week

I have attended Augusta Blues Week, Port Townsend Country Blues Week, and a Barrett Masterclass weekend. All were excellent. I enjoyed and got the most out of Augusta, and Augusta is the only one that I have repeated (now multiple times). Augusta is a destination for my family as well- My wife has done oak basketry, beadworking, and several folklore and naturalism courses (the basketry is a gas- start the week with a white oak log and end with a large basket made entirely of oak constructed with no fasteners or glue). Two years ago it was my family, mother-in-law, aunt Katie and uncle Tony. My boys, now 9 and 12, enjoyed the kids folk arts course, and this year my 12 year old is enthused about flintnapping, which is making arrow heads, blades etc out of stone. Augusta is held on the campus of a small college in West Virginia, and the setting offers a nice balance of independence and security for my kids. Swing week is held concurrently and has great music and people. I hope to see you there!

Jim R