[Harp-L] Can't get plugged in

Hello,

I?ve been a long time lurker and just recently joined the list after learning about all the pc recording programs.  I was looking for something simple to use so I could monitor my harp progress.  I decided on Audacity and in order to use my JT30 mic, I went to Radio Shack and got an adapter that would accept my ¼? cable to be reduced to a 1/8? for the PC.  I was unable to record using this adapter and using the process of elimination, removed the adapter all together and plugging in a cheap PC mic with an 1/8? plug and presto, I was recording.  So it appears that I?m not using the right adapter.  I used a stereo and a mono adapter and neither one worked.  So my question; is there some special adapter that I need to be able to record to my PC using my JT30?  Thanks in advance.

Mick Newhouse