[Harp-L] Re: I'm Gonna Listen to 'Em . NOW: how many degree's of seperation?

On 3/19/05 1:08 PM, "Iceman" wrote:

> If you want a perfect example of copying a solo note for note and then moving
> past it with originality, check out Dennis Gruenling's recorded version of
> LW's "Roller Coaster".
>
> It starts out as an exact copy - pretty darn good, but still a copy. Then,
> 2/3 of the way through (to my ears, at least), it kicks up a notch as Dennis
> plays his own original ideas.
>
> Very inspiring.

Agreed. While still paying respect to the original artist, I might add. He's
not re-inventing the wheel, so to speak, but still working within the
original canvas, or structure with his own expression.

Ray.
--
www.resgraphics.com/music