RE: [Harp-L] reverb and delay

I've tried gadgets over the years, they remind me of a fine liqueur: lots of flavor, really good and warming at first, but in anything more than small doses, they overpower your taste buds and diminish enjoyment of simpler things.

And, for my lazy ass, it's just extra stuff to hassle with and who wants to mess with gear? (Well, that's another question, I guess the gear for some is half the fun, which is fine . . . some o' my best friends are tech heads!)

Like with my great Tom Austin mic and tiny Alamo amp: I love the sound immensely, but it's extra "stuff."

I like to think all I really need in order to play is a clean tin sandwich, at least one free hand and some wind in my lungs. Oh, and every now and then a shot of eau de vie!

-Dave Fertig
"Gadget free since '93"