RE: [Harp-L] Building solos (Chris Michalek)(guitars and saxes)

Chris:  In re your:

 "STOP listening to harmonica players.  Most of them are not very  good
musicians.  Try listening to guitars and saxophones if you want to  play
differently"

...I've only recently begun listening to Harmonica players since I've been
"away" for so long, know no techniques whatsoever and need to have an idea  of
what other people are doing, but I have to agree with your take on guitarists
and sax players.  Two of my favourites:  Peter White's guitar and  Steve Cole
on Sax.  Steve's "NYLA" album might be something you'd  enjoy in particular.
If I could play his "Our Love" (how he plays it now -  live, and not on his
first album) on the harmonica with anywhere close to the  same feeling and
soul, I think I could die happy. <G>

Elizabeth