[Harp-L] Re: Low tunings

R.S. <jollyweasel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Bushman makes a bunch of low harps but I've never
tried one.

I have a Low D Bushman Soul's Voice and really like it. It is very responsive for a low harp. Bushman also has some very low key harps, Low C, Low G and Low-Low F.

--Chris Otto

That low C sounds interesting. Off the top of my head I can think of one waltz tune, a reel, an O'Carolan tune and a couple of song accompaniments that need a C. Playing Irish melodies on a normal C puts you in rather a high register. I could use a C chromatic except that I haven't got one and its infrequent use wouldn't really justify the cost, and valves are worth avoiding eh what (-; A tremolo is another option. But one of those low Cs could be just what I'm looking for. Has anyone got one?

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm READ review of my CD: http://www.irishmusicreview.com/sshaw.htm