Re: [Harp-L] Preamp tube terminology

Hi Mike,

> Ight, my enlightened harp brethren.  What does it mean
> when a preamp tube has a D getter or a halo getter?
> Pros and cons?  Are both used for amps???  Anything???

just before the tubes are closed (in the production process), there is a
"getter pill" inserted into the tube. This pill is either in a small "pan",
or on a "halo". There are no differences for the (later) user of the tube,
wether in quality nor in sound or anything else.
These reason for these getter pills is to catch the last remaining air
molecules, to optimize the vaccum in the tube.

xcuse my weird grammar, please - learned english by ham radio. ;-)

cu,
Ralf