Re: [Harp-L] Re film scoring

Quoting David Priestley <drmidnight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Has any one hands on expearence of writing a film score?

I'm sure there are many other residents on this list with more experience than I
have, but I'm working on scoring theatrical productions for a living right now
and have done video and training film work in the past. I like using harmonica
to add certain emotions and also to give a particular character to a score.
I've also been known to use an accordion to double a harp line, then mix the
accordion under the harp to beef it up. The two mix very well if recorded
competently. Let me know what questions I can help with, either posting to the
list or writing me directly.

As a film-related aside, I just heard Toots' soundtrack work for the movie
"Cinderella Liberty" from back in the 70s just the other day -
greatgawdalmighty what a sweet sound.

Tio Ed
One of 10,000,000 musicians in Austin this week