[Harp-L] Delbert McClinton at Bass Hall

I got a chance to see a great show last night at Bass Hall in Ft. Worth, TX. Bass Hall is a beautiful concert hall, which mainly hosts much more "uppity" performances, like symphony concerts, opera, and off-Broadway productions.

I don't normally associate Delbert with great harmonica chops, but last night he definitely showed his stuff. He plays with clean tone through a vocal mic, probably a 58, played with a loose cup. He took a couple of long rides, and had the audience in the palm of his hand. Great tone and precision. He's also a very competent piano player, and a helluva songwriter. If you ever get the chance to see Delbert, don't pass it up! More info at www.delbert.com.

Regards,
Tim Dougherty
www.HarpMicGaskets.com