[Harp-L] SElF-TAUGHT?

IMHO, there is no point in being entirely self-taught. I got started on harp
by a college friend about 38 years ago. My vocal - jazz and classical -
studies have helped - breathing, musicianship, improv, theory and general
music background. My earlier (lame) attempts to play clarinet and later sax
had an influence. I've gotten tips from harpmeister Dave Morrison in
Cleveland and Carlos Del Junco made a tube recommendation a year or so ago
that helped my amp get a better sound. So get it where and when you can.Then
USE it. Hey, Louis Armstrong had what he called "the gift." But he famously
learned to blow his horn and read music at the Colored Waifs Home (ouch on
the name) and was forever grateful for that. How many of us can even claim
to have a "gift" like his??????

Blu

Harmonica Blu
BluXpress@xxxxxxxxx