Re: [Harp-L] (no subject)

Hi,

> Can those of you who consider yourselves highly proficient in blues harp
> (including professionals) please tell me if any of you were totally
> self-taught? By that, I mean no live lessons or seminars and no blues
> harp-playing friends or acquaintances who helped you. If you fit into that
> category, which of you were not proficient in playing another instrument
> before you started playing harp? My questions do not arise from idle
> curiosity. I just need to know if there is any hope that I can ever be
> anything other than a hacker.

i never learned an other instrument before i grabbed my first harps, then i
started with harp in 1978 or '79, played about 10 years in several bands,
then i moved and played only by myself at home, and very seldom. In spring
2004 i began again to play on jam sessions on a weekly base, and although i
had a lot of loss over the years, it's going better and better and i get my
applause and compliments again. I've been stupid not to play all these long
years, but that's life...

cu,
Ralf