Re: [Harp-L] Blowing out a harp (was Sound of Hohner)

The info that I find most interesting is about the reeds that go south. Has anyone else also written down which reeds die more often?

All the best,
Fernando

I am playing traditional Irish most of the time, which largely consists of melodies best played in first or third position, with a minority in second position (or others). Invariably, the first reed to go south is 7-blow. After I've replaced that reed about three times, 6-blow might then decide to go. I can't ever remember a draw reed going south. I predict that this will be at variance with the experience of the blues dudes!

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm
READ review of my CD: http://www.irishmusicreview.com/sshaw.htm